My husband and I went on a cruise a couple years ago and enjoyed all of the delicious food. (Seriously, I gained 8 pounds in 8 days. Yikes!) We’d get back to our cabin pretty late most nights and I’d always want a snack. I’d usually order the Mediterranean Salad because it was fresh and crunchy.
I added a few changes to their rendition and I make it pretty often now. It gives a whole new spin to your typical salad!
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6-8 green olives, quartered
- 1 T green olive juice OR fresh lime juice
- 2 T feta cheese, crumbled
- Crushed black pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Salt, to taste
- Prepare all veggies (except tomatoes) and mix them in a bowl with spices. Add tomatoes and feta right before serving. Top with lime juice, if desired.
- I served this with a boiled chicken breast. It pairs well with any protein or you can eat it by itself! Feel free to add any veggies, but try to use those with a crunch to avoid a mushy salad.