Let’s be honest. Cody and I eat out for breakfast almost every weekend. Both days. There is something about going out for breakfast that is just sort of relaxing. Never-ending, steaming coffee. Lots of delicious options (even though I always order the same thing.) And the best part? No cleanup!
Well, sadly, no clean up comes with a catch- money, money, mo-neeeey! It is rare to eat breakfast for under $40, which definitely adds up. (Please don’t do the math.)
This morning, we were about to go to our fave little diner when I decided to make breakfast. To my dismay, we didn’t have any meat. Uh, how can you make breakfast with out bacon or ham or sausage? But, I kept going and what I came up with was damn delicious!
Taco Saturdays can be a thing, right?
- 5 corn tortillas, heated
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 C shredded cheese
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1 C cherry tomatoes
- Chopped red onion, to taste
- Fresh herbs (basil or cilantro)
- Lime juice
- Sour cream
- Guacamole or Avocado
- Heat tortillas in pan.
- Scramble eggs and add cheese.
- Heat black beans in microwave.
- Prepare pico by chopping tomatoes and onions and combining with lime juice, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Mix sour cream and guacamole together.
- Layer your tacos! Add cheesy eggs. Cover with black beans. Top with pico and crema. Squeeze lime juice over everything and enjoy!