These tasty “muffins” are perfect for crazy mornings because you can just pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds (preferably with a turkey meatball! See previous post) and you are good to go! Plus you can pretty much add whatever you want to them.
Here are the cups I use. They are a lifesaver. The muffins pop right out and clean up is a breeze!
- 10 eggs
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 C spinach, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 T ginger, grated
- 1 T italian seasoning (or fresh herbs!)
- 1 t salt (Himalayan is best!)
- 1/2 t black pepper (crushed is best!)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with muffin cups. (See blog for link to the cups I use.)
- Beat eggs and milk with a dash of salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Season and sauté chopped veggies (except spinach) in coconut oil until al dente. Let cool slightly.
- Poor egg mixture into cups. Add about 1 T of sautéed veggies to each cup. Add in a pinch of spinach to each. Gently mix with fork.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the top of the cups do not jiggle.
- Add whatever you'd like! Mushrooms, zucchini, spaghetti squash. It's all good! I make these when I have left over veggies. You can also add cooked sausage, crumbled bacon, or cheese. These reheat very well. Make a dozen and reheat a couple in the morning. If they seem dry, drizzle with a bit of water before reheating.